What is Health ?
The dictionary defines health as the state of being free from illness or injury.”he was restored to health” which means a person’s mental or physical condition.”bad health forced him to retire”
Medical Definition of Health
The medics defines health as a state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being, not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.
while officially defined by the World Health Organization,(WHO) defines health as The WHO defines health as a state of “complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.” The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, along with a range of WHO partners, endorses this definition. Being healthy, in their view, excludes having any disease.
Important of health?
Being healthy should be part of your overall lifestyle. Living a healthy lifestyle can help prevent chronic diseases and long-term illnesses. Feeling good about yourself and taking care of your health are important for your self-esteem and self-image. Maintain a healthy lifestyle by doing what is right for your body.
Types Of Health
Human Health is categories into five main aspects listed as
- Physical Health: can be defined as normal functioning of the body at all levels; a normal course of biological processes that ensures individual survival and reproduction; a dynamic balance between the body’s functions and the environment; participation in social activities and socially useful work; performance of basic. as opposed to mental or emotional health—is the overall physical condition of a living organism at a given time. It is the soundness of the body, freedom from disease or abnormality, and the condition of optimal well-being. It is when the body is functioning as it was designed to function.
Examples of physical health: Regular exercise, a balanced diet, proper sleep, and cutting down smoking, alcohol, and drug use are vital to physical health and mental wellbeing.
Important of physical health People who are physically active and at a healthy weight live about seven years longer than those who are not active and are obese. And the important part is that those extra years are generally healthier years! Staying active helps delay or prevent chronic illnesses and diseases associated with aging.
Things to do keep your body Healthier:
To keep your body healthier:
- Maintain a healthy weight. …
- Engage in muscle strengthening (resistance) activities that involve all your major muscle groups two or more times a week.
- Stay active all week long. …
- Wear comfortable, properly fitting shoes.
- Eat a well-balanced diet. …
- Try to avoid lifting heavy objects.
10 physical activities To Do Keep Ypur Body Healthier
- Water aerobics.
- Jogging and running.
- Aerobic exercise classes.
- Bicycle riding (stationary or on a path)
Emotional Health: The Medical defines emotional health as one aspect of mental health. It is your ability to cope with both positive and negative emotions, which includes your awareness of them. Emotionally healthy people have good coping mechanisms for negative emotions, and they also know when to reach out to a professional for help.
Types of mental health problems
- Anger. Explains what anger is, and how to deal with it in a constructive and healthy way.
- Anxiety and panic attacks.
- Bipolar disorder.
- Body dysmorphic disorder (BDD)
- Borderline personality disorder (BPD)
- Depression. …
- Dissociation and dissociative disorders.
- Drugs – recreational drugs & alcohol.
Good Signs Of Mental health problems:
Signs of emotional wellness
- You are comfortable with who you are. …
- You are adaptable and resilient. …
- You have positive relationships with the people in your life. …
- You have a sense of purpose. …
- You take care of your physical health. …
- You are comfortable saying ‘no. …
- You make time to relax
7 effective way to improve emotional wellness
- Get enough sleep.
- Exercise regularly. Just 30 minutes a day of walking can boost mood and reduce stress.
- Build a social support network.
- Set priorities. Decide what must get done and what can wait. …
- Think positive. …
- Try relaxation methods. …
- Seek help.
Social Health: It can be defined as our ability to interact and form meaningful relationships with others. It also relates to how comfortably we can adapt in social situations. … Signs of Being Socially Healthy Include: Having assertive skills rather than passive or aggressive ones, example of social health is the amount of interaction a person has with their community. An example of social health for a society is laws and regulations being applied to all citizens equally. An example of social health is public access to the decision-making processes.
To take care of yourself while caring for others:
- Ask for help. Make a list of ways others can help.
- Get organized.
- Try to take breaks each day
- Keep up with your hobbies and interests when you can.
- Join a caregiver’s support group.
- Eat healthy foods, and exercise as often as you can.
- Build your skills.
Signs of good social health include:
- Balancing your social and personal time.
- Being your true self at all times.
- Engaging with people in your community.
- Treating others with respect.
- Maintaining and building strong relationships with friend
Spiritual Health: This includes a purposeful life, transcendence and actualization of different dimensions and capacities of human beings. Spiritual health creates a balance between physical, psychological and social aspects of human life.
Spiritual wellness provides us with systems of faith, beliefs, values, ethics, principles and morals
A healthy spiritual practice may include examples of volunteerism, social contributions, belonging to a group, fellowship, optimism, forgiveness and expressions of compassion.
Seven Ways to stay Spiritually Healthy
- Explore your spiritual core. By exploring your spiritual core, you are simply asking yourself questions about the person you are and your meaning. …
- Look for deeper meanings. …
- Get it out. …
- Try yoga. …
- Travel. …
- Think positively. …
- Take time to meditate.
Intellectual health is demonstrated in a person’s ability to think critically, question his surroundings, pay attention to current events, and develop creative ways to adapt to unexpected obstacles. … Intellectually healthy people often involve themselves in activities that test their reasoning and mental agility skills.
Five Examples of intellectual wellness
- Development of good study skills and time management.
- Ability to challenge yourself to see all sides of an issue.
- Becoming a critical thinker.
- Development of your own ideas, views, and opinions.
- Exposing yourself to new ideas, people, and beliefs that are different from your own
Eight simple steps to increase your intellectual wellness
Eight simple steps to increase your intellectual wellness.
Read for fun. …
Debate an issue with a friend, but choose the viewpoint opposite the one you hold. …
Improve your skills for studying and learning. …
Learn a foreign language. …
Play a game.
What is a intellectual goal? Intellectual development goals were defined as those concerned with relationships of ideas within disciplines, between disciplines, or with various aspects of students’ lives. Faculty members usually assumed intellectual development goals would occur in conjunction with goals for knowledge acquisition.
HIP–HOP/RAP2 months ago
Lembrança – Projecto New School
GAMES3 months ago
PES 2013 Patch 2021 Best Graphics Latest Transfer for PC
TECHNOLOGY3 months ago
WWE 2K22 ISO File for PPSSPP Android & PC Latest Version
ALBUMS1 month ago
[Album] Tion Wayne – ‘Green With Envy’
NAIJA MUSICS POP3 weeks ago
Neeza – Salam (One day man go blow blow like dangote oh, Salamaleku waleku asalam)
NAIJA MUSICS POP1 month ago
Alaoblow – Okay (Tiktok Remix)
MUSICS3 weeks ago
Trey Songz Ft. Nicki Minaj – Bottoms Up Mp3 Download
MUSICS4 weeks ago
MP3: Trey Songz – Love Faces